Almond Cookies | A Burroughs Family Farm Recipe
This recipe is a family tradition in the Burroughs Family! We cannot go through a holiday season or family gathering without making these cookies. The recipe was passed down from Loo Burroughs to her children who have now passed it down to their own children.
This recipe is traditionally made using Burroughs Family Farms Dry Roasted Almonds but we added 70% Dark Chocolate with Orange Almonds for an extra twist to this recipe.
- Set oven to bake at 325 degrees
- Blend on high speed with a mixer:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- Then add and mix well:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Next measure 2 cups sifted flour and 1 tsp salt and add to the above mixture
- Add in 1 Tablespoon each vanilla and water
- Finally, grind in a food processor together
- 1/2 cup of Burroughs Family Farms Dry Roasted Almonds
- 3/4 cup of Burroughs Family Farms 70% Dark Chocolate with Orange Almonds.
-Drop cookies on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Drop using a cookie scoop about 1 inch diameter, but hand-roll each drop.
-Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
-As soon as the cookies come out of the oven sprinkle powdered sugar over them using a sifter.
-Serve warm, or the next day. They freeze well if you want to save for later.